Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday: Thanksgiving


It's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, so I bet you could guess what this week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is, right?  Thanksgiving!  I really had no idea what I wanted to do for this theme. I finally decided on 'Apple Pie', because, honestly-that (and stuffing) is my favorite part of Thanksgiving ;) I am a reformed carb addict, but clearly Thanksgiving is the time to splurge a little!  I think that pumpkin pie is usually the more popular choice on this holiday,but I don't like pumpkin (gasp!), and I LOVE apple!

Moving onward, here are the polishes I used:


I started with 2 layers of China Glaze "Desert Sun". As soon as I tried this polish over the summer, I knew I would used it for Fall- it just screams "Autumn" to me:
Then, I added one layer of "I'm Not Lion" on top. This reminds me so much of cinnamon and sugar, which is what inspired me to go with the apple pie theme:


 And then, I did some lattice "crust" with Essie "Brooch The Subject".  I'm not totally in love with this, but it does make me want apple pie:


Don't forget to see what the other Twinsies did for their Thanksgiving manicures:

Ashley at Art Evolve
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment